1) Pick a book! At the beginning of every month a list of themes will be posted. All you have to do is choose a book that fits the theme.
2) In your blog post, the first thing you will want to include is an explanation of why your chosen book fits the theme.
2) Look at covers from multiple editions and multiple countries for the book you chose.
3) Finally, include pictures of the original cover, the cover from your country (if their are multiple covers from your country include all of them!), your favorite cover, and your least favorite cover.
4) Be sure to tag your posts with booktravelingthursdays so we can all see each other’s posts!
You can find the themes on the Goodreads group.
Today’s theme is: Share the love around the world! Choose a book written by an author from a country you don’t read that often.
Mister Pip by Lloyd Jones – a very good book, yet misunderstood, mostly because of people don’t know the history of Papua New Guinea.
The author is from New Zealand – the first author I’ve read from N. Zealand.
I liked this book, a lot. It sparked my curiosity, and I did some research about Papua New Guinea and Bougainville Island. Therefore, I got to learn some of their history, about the two different nations that live there and so on. In other words, this research made me understand the book better. Also, the story itself was really good, yet sad. I also liked the Dickens connection and the questions about life that came up while reading this.
Now, onto the covers:
Original Cover (First Edition):
Canadian Cover (where I’m living):
Romanian Cover (my country):
Picture taken by a fellow Romanian blogger @ Carti la Puricat. Thanks for letting me use your photo ! xo
The picture is from the film apparently.
My favorite Cover aka the Macedonian Cover:
It’s simply gorgeous, isn’t it? ❤
My Least Favorite Cover (USA)
Why this one? I mean the Romanian one is not that good either. However, this one is not really connected to the story. It doesn’t say Papua New Guinea and Bougainville Island. No, it just looks like a regular beach to me.
Which cover to do you like the most?
Have you read Mister Pip? Did you like it?
Post the link on your own BTT so I can check it out!
That’s it for this Thursday! See you next week!
If you want to follow my reading adventures, as well as finding out about giveaways, review opportunities, new releases and other bookish news/info, follow me on social media. Your support means more than you think. Thank you.