This tag was created by booktuber TheBookArcher. I watched other booktubers do this, and I thought it seemed fun. I wanted to several booktube tags for a while now. I don’t know if other bloggers did this, if you did I’m sorry, it is not my intention to steal ideas. For the sake of having others blogger answer to this tag, and because I want to read others bloggers opinions, I will tag other people.
1) A popular book that you didn’t like
I would go with Twilight, but for the sake of diversity . . .
Now, I’ve read the other 4 Lux books, but my interest for this series started to dwindled with book 4. I didn’t like it anymore, and I couldn’t finish Opposition. I just couldn’t get into it.
2) A book or series that everyone seems to hate, but you love.
The opinions are divided into groups: people who hate it, and people who don’t. Most people don’t like it because is more or less a The Vampire Academy fan-fic. Or a rip-off. Depends how you want to look at it. And it’s true, the series is a TVA copy paste. However, I liked it enough to finish it.
3) A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person that you didn’t want to end up with, or an O.T.P. (one true paring) that you don’t like.
I’ll do an O.T.P. 🙂
In the Imdalind Series, Joclyn and Ilyan are the perfect couple. I love them together. ❤
4) A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
Romance or chick-lit. Now, most books have some romance in them, but I usually do not pick only romance novels. I like it when the romance is a sub-plot, not the main idea. Now, there are some romance novels that I liked, but way too few so I can say I love the genre.
5) A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Which one to chose?
I don’t like Bella from Twilight. I actually like Edward more than I like her, and he’s not on my favorite list either.
6) A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
Suzanne Collins. I’ve read several reviews, tried to get into her series, but I can’t. Maybe I’ll try it later on, but for now I’ll be fine with not reading her novels.
7) A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
I exhaled the breath I didn’t know I was holding. -> I’ve seen it in all the novels that I’ve read this year.
A dark secret from his/her past that stops the two lovebirds to be together. All they would have to do is have a conversation, but no.
The protagonists dancing around each other for 2-3 books. How about a love relationship that develops naturally?
8) A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
9) The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
I’ve read the first 6 or 7 books in the series, but it went for goodish, to bad, to terrible. Besides, in general the TV-show is more interesting than the book series, even though season 5 and 6 weren’t that nice like the first 3.
That’s about it.
I’m looking forward to read your unpopular opinions.
Feel free to going in, and do this tag. It’s pretty fun.
Also, you don’t have to this is if you don’t want to. No obligations, and no hard feelings.